Search This Blog

Monday 2 December 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 22

AGE QUOTES (22)



A woman tells her doctor, 'I've got a bad back.' The doctor says, 'It's old age.' The woman says, 'I want a second opinion.' The doctor says: 'Okay - you're ugly as well.'
~Tommy Cooper

In passing, we should note this curious mark of our own age: the only absolute allowed is the absolute insistence that there is no absolute.
~Francis Schaeffer

There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old, there is no respect for age, I missed it coming and going.
~J. B. Priestley

It is not by the gray of the hair that one knows the age of the heart.
~Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

I got to experience soccer at the highest level at a young age; I decided I wanted to be part of that for as long as possible.
~Mia Hamm

I wanted to be a teacher. I love children, so I wanted to deal with children. Then I wanted to be a veterinarian. But by the age of ten or eleven, when I opened my mouth and said, 'Oh, God, what's this?' I kind of knew teaching and being a veterinarian were gonna have to wait.
~Whitney Houston

I ask you to pray for me, for once age has overtaken us, we find consolation only in religion.
~Paul Cezanne

In the television age, the key distinction is between the candidate who can speak poetry and the one who can only speak prose.
~Richard M. Nixon

It is old age, rather than death, that is to be contrasted with life. Old age is life's parody, whereas death transforms life into a destiny: in a way it preserves it by giving it the absolute dimension. Death does away with time.
~Simone de Beauvoir

At the age when Bengali youth almost inevitably writes poetry, I was listening to European classical music.
~Satyajit Ray

The face you have at age 25 is the face God gave you, but the face you have after 50 is the face you earned.
~Cindy Crawford

O love, if I regret the age when one savors you, it is not for the hour of pleasure, but for the one that follows it.
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Everyone knows that by far the happiest and universally enjoyable age of man is the first. What is there about babies which makes us hug and kiss and fondle them, so that even an enemy would give them help at that age?
~Desiderius Erasmus

God employs several translators; some pieces are translated by age, some by sickness, some by war, some by justice.
~John Donne

Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.
~Brigitte Bardot

One keeps forgetting old age up to the very brink of the grave.
~Sidonie Gabrielle Colette

If repression has indeed been the fundamental link between power, knowledge, and sexuality since the classical age, it stands to reason that we will not be able to free ourselves from it except at a considerable cost.
~Michel Foucault

We have entered an age in which education is not just a luxury permitting some men an advantage over others. It has become a necessity without which a person is defenseless in this complex, industrialized society. We have truly entered the century of the educated man.
~Lyndon B. Johnson

In the age of the individual's liquidation, the question of individuality must be raised anew.
~Theodor Adorno

Age does not matter if the matter does not age.
~Jean Paul

I believe we should encourage children to sing and play instruments from an early age.
~Mick Jagger

The stars shall fade away, the sun himself Grow dim with age, and nature sink in years, But thou shalt flourish in immortal youth, Unhurt amidst the wars of elements, The wrecks of matter, and the crush of worlds.
~Joseph Addison

Old age: I fall asleep during the funerals of my friends.
~Mason Cooley

Staid middle age loves the hurricane passions of opera.
~Mason Cooley

Middle age went by while I was mourning for my lost youth.
~Mason Cooley

In order to fix Social Security, we must restructure it so that we continue to provide for our Nation's seniors that are approaching retirement age, but allow for younger taxpayers to invest a portion of their Social Security taxes in private accounts.
~Herman Cain

Our Age of Anxiety is, in great part, the result of trying to do today's job with yesterday's tools and yesterday's concepts.
~Marshall McLuhan

I'm at peace with myself and where I am. In the past, I was always looking to see how everybody else was doing. I wasn't competitive, I was comparative. I just wanted to be where everybody else was. Now I've gotten to an age when I am not comparing anymore.
~Courteney Cox

Why do people talk of the horrors of old age? It's great. I feel like a fine old car with the parts gradually wearing out, but I'm not complaining,... Those who find growing old terrible are people who haven't done what they wanted with their lives.
~Martha Gellhorn 

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment