Search This Blog

Saturday 30 November 2013

Age Quotes and Sayings 8

AGE QUOTES PAGE (8)


Beautiful is old age—beautiful as the slow-dropping mellow autumn of a rich glorious summer. In the old man, Nature has fulfilled her work; she loads him with blessings; she fills him with the fruits of a well-spent life; and, surrounded by his children and his children's children, she rocks him softly away to a grave, to which he is followed with blessings. God forbid we should not call it beautiful.
~J.A. Froude

I spent my 30s fixing everything I broke in my 20s. 
~Eddie Murphy

A man is not old as long as he is seeking something. 
~Jean Rostand

The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been. 
~Madeleine L'Engle

You're never too old.  Unfortunately, you're always too young to know it. 
~Robert Brault

Youth disserves; middle age conserves; old age preserves. 
~Martin H. Fischer

One of the best parts of growing older?  You can flirt all you like since you've become harmless. 
~Liz Smith

Spiritual sloth, or acedia, was known as The Sin of the Middle Ages.  It's the sin of my middle age, too. 
~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

We turn not older with years, but newer every day. 
~Emily Dickinson

In a dream you are never eighty. 
~Anne Sexton

Old men are fond of giving good advice, to console themselves for being no longer in a position to give bad examples. 
~François La Rochefoucauld

Middle age is when a narrow waist and a broad mind begin to change places. 
~Author Unknown

Middle age is youth without its levity, and age without decay. 
~Daniel Defoe

There must be a day or two in a man's life when he is the precise age for something important. 
~Franklin P. Adams

Where did the time go?  Yesterday, I was a girl, and today, I suddenly find myself in the autumn of my years with the cold winds of winter breathing down my neck. 
~Peggy Toney Horton

You can live to be a hundred if you give up all things that make you want to live to be a hundred. 
~Allen

I don't do alcohol anymore - I get the same effect just standing up fast. 
~Author Unknown

Age is something only in your head or a stereotype. Age means nothing when you are passionate about something.
~Carolina Herrera

I hope to have one more boxing match at the age of 55. Given that demographic at the age of 55 to 65, you've got to make a statement with your life. Otherwise, you are just existing.
~George Foreman

It's the kind of clothes that mothers and daughters can wear, in terms of concept... It's not about age. It's about taste, and it's about lifestyle. I believe women of all ages can wear anything.
~Ralph Lauren

I'm moving into that eldership age, you know? I'm at the 'wise woman' age where it's not about learning, but utilizing the information that I have in a way that serves other people. That's a high calling and it's a great responsibility.
~Iyanla Vanzant

When I was seventeen, I worked as a counsellor at a co-ed sleep-away camp for eight weeks. I loved it but it could be harrowing - it was far too much responsibility for someone my age.
~Harlan Coben

The most important function of the university in an age of reason is to protect reason from itself.
~Allan Bloom

The question isn't at what age I want to retire, it's at what income.
~George Foreman

I think my fans will follow me into our combined old age. Real musicians and real fans stay together for a long, long time.
~Bonnie Raitt

Genius worship is the inevitable sign of an uncreative age.
~Clive Bell

And at the same time, I had my very first concert at the age of 16. I hadn't heard a symphony orchestra before, and I was so deeply impressed I said I have to be a conductor.
~Kurt Masur

We are an age without leaders. We stopped having leaders at the end of the 20th century.
~Oriana Fallaci

In my old age, I have been thinking about this, and I have reached the conclusion that those who have physical courage also have moral courage.
~Oriana Fallaci

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment