Search This Blog

Thursday 5 December 2013

Friendship Quotes and Sayings 9

FRIENDSHIP QUOTES (9)



One hopes, of course, that a relationship grows and becomes a deep and wonderful marriage and friendship that lasts forever. But that's not always the case.

~Alana Stewart


A friend is a beloved mystery; dearest always because he is not ourself, and has something in him which it is impossible for us to fathom. If it were not so, friendship would lose its chief zest.
~Lucy Larcom

Friendship is one of the most tangible things in a world which offers fewer and fewer supports.
~Kenneth Branagh

Never be afraid to meet to the hilt the demand of either work, or friendship - two of life's major assets.
~Eleanor Robson Belmont

Friendship is something that creates equality and mutuality, not a reward for finding equality or a way of intensifying existing mutuality.
~Rowan Williams

Even where friendship is concerned, it takes me a long time to trust people.
~Namie Amuro

My first experiences of academic friendship made me smile in after years when I looked back on them. But my circle of acquaintances had gradually grown so large that it was only natural new friendships should grow out of it.
~Georg Brandes

Today, I, too, wish to reaffirm that I intend to continue on the path toward improved relations and friendship with the Jewish people, following the decisive lead given by John Paul II.
~Pope Benedict XVI

There has to be chemistry in a duet, but if you go beyond the point of friendship and attraction, you lose something.
~Kenny Rogers

Often the magical elements in my books are standing in for elements of the real world, the small and magical-in-their-own-right sorts of things that we take for granted and no longer pay attention to, like the bonds of friendship that entwine our own lives with those of other people and places.
~Charles de Lint

During the 1950s, Aristotle Onassis and I formed what grew to be a close friendship and association in several business ventures.
~Paul Getty

Look, I worked with American Republican presidents and Democratic presidents, all of them, and each of them has shown a deep and profound friendship to Israel, you know? I can't remember anybody who was in that sense negative as far as Israel is concerned.
~Shimon Peres

Neatness begets order; but from order to taste there is the same difference as from taste to genius, or from love to friendship.
~Johann Kaspar Lavater

Our philosophy precedes from the belief that sport is an inalienable part of the educational process and a factor for promoting peace, friendship, cooperation and understanding among peoples.
~Juan Antonio Samaranch

Things have gone beyond my wildest expectations and dreams, and I feel like I've been given so many blessings in my life, between my friendship with the guys in the band, our wonderful audience, being able to play this music, and then my family.
~Trey Anastasio

I was desperate for a friend, and I used to lie in bed at night thinking about what it would be like. My younger brothers and sisters had friends, and I used to watch them playing to try to work out what they did and how friendship worked.
~Daniel Tammet

I definitely have guys that I'm friends with that I have a crush on, and you don't want to ruin the friendship.
~Miranda Cosgrove

One of the great things personally coming to Hawai'i is my friendship of Jim Nicholson.
~Dan Fouts

I loved my 17 years with R.E.M., but I'm ready to reflect, assess and move on to a different phase of my life. The four of us will continue our close friendship, and I look forward to hearing their future efforts as the world's biggest R.E.M. fan.
~Bill Berry

I didn't like England. I couldn't take the look of the place or the style of friendship. I need more intimacy from people than is considered okay there, and I felt that my personality and my enthusiasms weren't understood. I had to put a big lid on myself.
~Jane Campion

Good fellowship and friendship are lasting, rational and manly pleasures.
~William Wycherley

Anything can be done if you find friends to do it with. The lucky biographers find themselves drawn into a sort of friendship with their subject.
~Amity Shlaes

Friendship is inexplicable, it should not be explained if one doesn't want to kill it.
~Max Jacob

I've always wanted to be a mom because I want to give a kid all of the magical gifts my mom gave to me, such as love and friendship. She and I had this incredible connection that was so unbelievable.
~Jennifer Love Hewitt

But, based on my friendship with Evie as young mothers, I started going on freedom rides in 1966.
~June Jordan

I come from the New York theatre world, and I have a lot of gay male friends, so this friendship of Will and Grace's isn't such a stretch.
~Debra Messing

Friendship's the privilege of private men; for wretched greatness knows no blessing so substantial.
~Nahum Tate

Those who insist on having hostilities with us, kill and destroy the option of friendship with us in the future, which is unfortunate because it is clear the future belongs to Iran and that enmities will be fruitless.
~Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

I've got many close friends, but there's an awful lot about friendship that is not demonstrative in my case.
~Warren Christopher

I play- it's kind of like a slice-of-life, LA women in their forties, playing forty kind of what's their friendship like, and what's their life like and so I just play one of the four friends.
~Joan Cusack

Working with people, the musical part is one thing but the personal part is totally different and just as critical. If the friendship is there and it's a lasting friendship, then it will take care of itself.
~John Mayall

On one side, citizens have great respect for the United States; they have a great feeling of friendship. That is solid. But in the opposition and in the political arena I often find criticism of the closeness of relations with the United States. That is a reality.
~Vicente Fox

The arrogance that says analysing the relationship between reasons and causes is more important than writing a philosophy of shyness or sadness or friendship drives me nuts. I can't accept that.
~Alain de Botton

My last public performance for money was in 1967. For free, it was 1972, with the exception of two little one-shot, one-song things. But that's just for friends, out of friendship for the people involved, and also because it was fun.
~Tom Lehrer

The most important thing for me is to have real friendship between Egyptians and Americans.
~Mohammed Morsi

The joys of friendship inert the heart and fizzy home bouncing jubilantly with laughter-buttered love.
~Bradley Chicho

Blunders, no, only friendship binds us to honesty - attracting crypts of mushrooms in the wake of our snowboards.
~Bradley Chicho

China has been committed to the independent foreign policy of peace and has developed friendship and cooperation with all countries on the basis of the Five Principles of Peaceful Coexistence.
~Hu Jintao

The sacrifices of friendship were beautiful in her eyes as long as she was not asked to make them.
~Hector Hugh Munro

We became friends as we became a band. Our friendship evolved as the band evolved. It had its ups and downs, but it was mostly ups for the four of us. We got along well almost all of the time. Hey! We liked each other and we still do.
~Dave Blood

So far as it depends on the course of this government, our relations of good will and friendship will be sedulously cultivated with all nations.
~John Tyler

Rock n' roll as a genre is different from pop and hip hop: it is about bands, and that for me suggests brotherhood, family, friendship and community.
~Steven Van Zandt

India-Seychelles relations have been characterized by close friendship, understanding and cooperation.
~Pratibha Patil

Friendship can only exist between persons with similar interests and points of view. Man and woman by the conventions of society are born with different interests and different points of view.
~August Strindberg

You are almost not free, if you are teaching a group of graduate students, to become friends with one of them. I don't mean anything erotically charged, just a friendship.
~Marilyn Hacker

This airline is grateful for his extensive contributions and we will miss his friendship and support. We extend our deepest sympathies to the Casey family on its personal loss.
~Gerard Arpey

Watching John Lasseter's films, I think I can understand better than anyone that what he's doing, is going straight ahead with his vision and working really hard to get that vision into film form. And I feel that my understanding this of him is my friendship towards him.
~Hayao Miyazaki

I noticed that no matter where I went in the country, there was this group of questions that got asked. I would track them and keep them in categories. Like body image, school, family, friendship, you name it, the emotional life of a teenage girl.
~Elizabeth Berkley

There was really no friendship in modeling, though a certain amount of warmth comes from running into models you know on shoots, because you end up in so many unfamiliar places, from Alaska to Africa.
~Carol Alt

Here's a news flash: No soldier gives his life. That's not the way it works. Most soldiers who make a conscious decision to place themselves in harm's way do it to protect their buddies. They do it because of the bonds of friendship - and it goes so much deeper than friendship.
~Eric Massa

PAGE:- (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

No comments:

Post a Comment